Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 1: Well Here Goes Nothin'!

Welcome, welcome, to my first blog post ever!
My hopes with this blog is to write about all the wonderful random happenings in my life, but specifically for now...to tell you all about my bright idea to take on the 30 day Paleo Challenge! Haven't heard about it? It's also known as the "Caveman" diet. Basically you eat like a caveman. Think hunter/gatherer status. There is more to it than that, but we'll get to that later. Here is the article that first inspired me, found on, where else? Pinterest: Enter inspiring article. Everyday I will blog about my adventures in trying to figure out this diet. I'll let you know what I eat, where I find my information, my recipes, and I'll fill you in on every challenge and withdrawal I experience! So here we go! My day one recap:

One day down of the Paleo challenge down, 29 more to go! Not too bad for a first day, except now that I'm home from work and winding down I really, REALLY want some chocolate! And cake. Due to the ridiculous amount of food I consumed at Super Bowl parties yesterday, my poor tummy couldn't imagine eating anything until about 4pm. Seriously, I felt like I had cream cheese in my veins! So here is what I ate for day 1:
4pm-Handful of raspberries
6pm-Apple with almond butter
9pm-6oz grilled chicken with slices of avocado, 2 slices of bacon, some mushrooms, and topped with some salsa. Then a whole lot of broccoli with a little salt and pepper for a side. I was at work, so I feel pretty good about the Paeloesness about that meal! 
10pm-Some orange slices and a few blackberries
11pm-Handful of unsalted cashews and half a small pomegranate 


Which brings me to now! I'm kinda hungry, not gonna lie! I am a big eater for sure. I am about to make 2 scrambled eggs with spinach mixed in and topped with tomatoes, avocado, and a slice of bacon (a lot of bacon today, I know, I know!). 


Thanks for stopping by!

                                                                               
My beautiful "Paleo at Work" creation

No comments:

Post a Comment