Sunday, February 16, 2014

Days 11 & 12: Sorry for the Slacking Off, and Happy Valentine's!

I totally slacked off yesterday guys...so sorry! (well, now it was a few days ago...) However, I only slacked on writing a post, not the diet! So that's good news. And don't worry, you didn't miss anything exciting. I didn't use any new or exciting recipes. I did really super crave bread all day. Bad. Like bread sticks sort of bread. Really buttery and bad for you bread. But no! I would not succumb to my cravings. 

The most action happened when I tried to turn a patch of tortillas into blueberry muffins after I added coconut flour to the batter when I was supposed to use tapioca flour.
You'd think coconut flour, tapioca flour...what's the difference, right? Wrong! HUGE difference! Totally changes the texture. That's what I get for thinking I know what I am doing and that I am too good to double check the recipe. No one is ever too good to double check a recipe. I am proud that I attempted to make something out of my mess though! And while they didn't entirely workout, they at least tasted decent enough! Really the only problem with them is that they didn't rise. If I had had more time to research other recipes I think I could of been a bit more successful, but alas, I was in a rush. Ya live, ya learn. I'd post a picture of them, but I don't really want a picture of a deflated muffin to be the first thing people see when they see the link to this post, ha ha! 

So since yesterday was just whatever, let's talk about today (or a couple of days ago)! Valentine's Day. A day where chocolate is everywhere! There were boxes of doughnuts at work just sitting there all day, along with a bad of Doritos. But you know what? The doughnuts didn't even look that good. I really wasn't even tempted (would of been harder if they were Krispy Kreame though, let's be honest). 

It really is amazing to me my resolve for sticking to this challenge. I know I owe this blog a lot of credit in that regard. It keeps me accountable. Without it I'm sure I would have caved in to temptation at least once at this point. To anyone wanting to start the 30 day Paleo challenge, or just any other major lifestyle change, I would highly recommend finding a way to keep yourself accountable. Whether it's writing a blog about it, or posting on Twitter, or Facebook your progress, or simply just telling friends and family members about it. Anything that is going to make you feel obligated to stay strong. This blog helps me so, so much, you have no idea!

I had such a fun Valentine's Day! It was girls night out with my Tonergy girls, and we had so much fun! We shopped and went to dinner, what more could a girl want? And they were so sweet to go to a buffet style restaurant, so that it would be easier on me. Now, initially that might seem like torture. If you are like me, your first thought of buffets includes endless platters of mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, desserts galore, and just all sorts of deliciously fattening  temptations. And you'd be right, as you can see below.
Yummy!

But guess what else buffets have? Salad bars, and steaks grilled in front of you, so you can see exactly how it was prepared. It was wonderful, and in my opinion buffets are the best place for people who have diet restrictions. They give you total control over your meal, and you don't have to be "that person" to do so. "That person". I can't tell you how annoying it is, as a server, to get picky eaters. Needing a few modifications is understandable, but there have been times where I just don't even know how to even put in an order. People create these crazy meals that don't even exist, and the last thing I have time to do is stand at the computer for 5 minutes working on one order! I'm sorry, I digress... that is another rant for another day. Just know that buffets are great because they help prevent you from being "that guy". No one wants to be "that guy". Don't be "that guy".

I had a beautiful salad, as you can see, and after a delicious steak and steamed broccoli. Everything was delicious, and I left the restaurant feeling good about myself and my decisions, which trust me, has NEVER been the case with buffets in the past! Best part was, I wasn't even tempted by the dessert bar because I had a plate of my Paleo brownies (recipe on day 4's post) in the car! I mean, it was Valentine's after all, right? I had to be prepared with a chocolaty treat!
I had all sorts of goodness on that plate! Spinach, tomatoes, broccoli,
cauliflower,  mushrooms, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, grilled steak,
grilled chicken, and as a dressing guacamole and lemon juice! So good!

That is all from me today! No food log. Mostly because I don't remember, and because I ate pretty much the same stuff I always do, with the exception of the buffet, which you already heard all about. I hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's Day and weekend! 
My sad blueberry muffin

Just some hotties ready for a night out on the town!



No comments:

Post a Comment