Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 9: Another Shopping Trip and Pancakes

Hellooo!

Welcome to day 9, a Tuesday. My favorite day of the week! Tuesday is my favorite day of the week because I usually have my restaurant job off, which means I get to use the day doing exactly what I want to do....Tonergy and playing indoor soccer! And I actually have time to get some things accomplished in my life, like going grocery shopping! Which I desperately need to do, because I am running low on supplies!

Before I went shopping, I of course had to look up some new recipes to get some ideas. I found this beauty; can't wait to try it out this week sometime! Stay tuned to see how that turns out! I again used this blog and this blog to get ideas for meals this week. So glad I found these blogs. They are seriously a life saver! 

So off to Wal-Mart I go again! I should add a disclaimer: I went shopping a couple of days ago as well. I only meant to buy one pack of chicken. But there was a really good sale. So now I am the proud owner of lots of chicken breast! Chicken for dinner for days! Be ready!



Cucumber, Bell Peppers, Butternut Squash, Olive Oil (yep, I buy it in bulk!),
Tilapia, Eggs, Blackberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Tomatoes, Yellow Onion,
Mangoes, Avocados, Limes, Lemons, Apples, Mixed Frozen Fruit, Almond Milk,
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salsa, Shredded Mixed Cabbage, Spinach,
Spring Mix Salad w/kale & spinach 

All that totaled just over $74. Again, please no one judge me for not buying organic and top of the line everything. I realize that is the best and ideal way to experience Paleo...but I feel just fine with my efforts!

Recipe time! While I was compiling my grocery list, I came across this recipe for Paleo pancakes. Mmmmm....pancakes! I love everything about pancakes.Waffles are fine, French toast is pretty good, but pancakes...they're just fluffy goodness that warms my soul! I had to make them, even though it was like 1 in the afternoon. Who doesn't love brinner (breakfast for dinner, or in this case lunch)? 
Looks like pancakes!
I noticed while cooking them they weren't nearly as fluffy as normal pancakes. That could of been my fault though, because in the picture on the blog they seem pretty fluffy. I might of over mixed the batter, or it could just be that I live at nearly 6,000ft in elevation (such a PAIN when it comes to baking). Anyway, while they may not of been the fluffiest, they had a really good taste and definitely satisfied my craving for pancakes!
Pancakes, maple syrup and bacon. A trio made in heaven!
A few hours after my pancake lunch I realized something. I am a carb-aholic! Look at me, supposedly eating like a caveman, and I am still finding ways to eat like a modern day carb junkie! I have problems. I had some carrot sticks to feel better about myself. See, I eat vegetables sometimes. So yeah, I need to start eating more veggies! But hey, progress is progress, right?!

Food Log:
Breakfast: Orange and walnuts
Lunch: Paleo pancakes and 2 strips of bacon
Snacks: Berries, nuts, a few bites of grilled chicken, carrot sticks
Dinner: Chicken Fajitas! I will share how I made them tomorrow with you :)

Take care! 


No comments:

Post a Comment