Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 8: Temptation

Hello All!
I was hit with my first real bout of temptation today. The day started off normal enough, food wise. But things took a turn for temptation island real quick once I got to work (at a restaurant). 
Immediately there was messed up food in the window and a chocolate cake on the employee snack table that someone had brought in. Delicious food, just sitting there, waiting to be eaten. Every time I walked into the kitchen there it was, looking at me. Begging for me to eat it. Normally I'd of been all over it. The pizza wouldn't of lasted longer than 10 minutes. I could of devoured multiple pieces of the cake, easy.
But I stayed strong! Even though it took over an hour for my co-workers to FINALLY eat the pizza, and that stupid cake was there ALL night long, just staring me in the face every time I walked into the kitchen, I was a good girl and refrained! That cake...you have no idea how hard that was! I really love cake. A lot. 
As if the temptation of the pizza and cake weren't enough, there was an abandoned to-go order at the end of the night. Which means it's a free for all. The only unclaimed item was a molten cake. Either I took it, or it went in the trash. I hate seeing food wasted, so wouldn't you know, I ended up bringing home a molten to the roommates. Awesome. Not tempted at all (insert sarcasm). 
But that's not all, ladies and gentlemen.... I walk through my door, and my roommates have made, guess what? Crescent rolls! Fresh, buttery, hot from the oven, crescent rolls! Seriously!?!?! Fine. Whatever. 

I'm in need of another food run, I had to get a little creative for lunch today. I made a quinoa salad, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Quinoa is a seed, so you would think it's paleo, but strictly speaking it isn't. I like to call it a "gray area" food. A food that isn't paleo, but isn't really not paleo either. It's confusing, I know, sorry. I plan on writing more about these foods once I get them more figured out! 



Looks pretty good, huh? It was light and tasty. It would make a great summer time meal! Here's how you make it:

-Cook quinoa according to the directions on the box. You can buy quinoa pre-washed or not. I recommend getting it pre-washed. It's way, way easier! Buying it unwashed is cheaper, but trust me, not worth the hassle. 

-While it's cooking chop up your vegetables. I used cilantro, tomatoes, red onion, and avocado. It would of been good with some cucumber in there as well!

-When quinoa is done and has cooled down for a few minutes, mix in the vegetables and add some chicken, salt and pepper, a little olive oil, and the juice of 1 lime ( I added a little zest as well). 

BAM! Done! That's it! Easy, right? I personally like this dish after it's had time for the flavors to marinate a little in the fridge. Enjoy!

Food Log:
Breakfast: Banana and raw almonds
Snack: Walnuts
Lunch: Quinoa salad
Snack: Left over quinoa salad, couldn't eat it all in one go!
Dinner: Left over pork and sauerkraut
Snack: 1 orange, 1 piece of 85% dark chocolate, and unsalted cashews

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment