Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 4: Paleo Desert....And It Was Good!

Hello All!
Still going strong with this paleo thing, and believe me it was tough today because I had NO free time to cook. Today has been CRAZY busy!!! Taught two Tonergy classes, (starting at 6am, so NOT a morning person!) had hours of meetings with my Tonergy partners, and worked a 7 hour shift at my other job. And that is all after getting hardly any sleep the night before. Needless to say, I feel very accomplished, but totally exhausted! And I think I deserve brownies. So brownies it will be! I found this recipe for paleo brownies and decided to try it out. I've made healthy brownies before, a different recipe, and they they turned out disgusting. So my hopes weren't too high. But you know what? These brownies turned out rather delicious! Maybe because it's been 4 days since my last chocolate splurge and I'm desperate for anything, but I really truly liked them! I totally recommend you try them! This is my first baking experience with coconut oil, so I don't know if this is normal, but my batter had a really weird, chunky texture. It happened when I added the cocoa powder to the coconut oil. But the taste and texture of the finished product was fine, so I'm not too worried about it. Honestly my biggest issue has been to not eat the whole pan! Even though there's nothing bad in them, I'm sure eating all of them in one go isn't a good idea! These brownies would be so good topped with fruit; like raspberries, strawberries, or bananas! 
Yummy!
Food Log:
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Repeat of dinner last night, the burger with the onions, tomato, and eggs (had to use up the meat, and like I said, it was pretty good!)
Snack: Orange slices
Dinner: Repeat of Day 1 dinner because I was at work again. Grilled chicken with mushrooms, bacon, avocado, salsa, and a huge side of broccoli. Prepared with no butter, of course. 
Snack: More orange slices
Snack: Handful of raspberries, unsalted cashews, and walnuts (hand to munch on something while I baked!)
Dessert: A piece of brownie...it was kind of a big one :)

I know my food has been a little repetitive, sorry about that! I've been so busy I haven't had time to be creative. But tomorrow I will be trying out a new recipe, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment